Background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Scrapping

I love scrapping - I just never seem to sit down and actually do any. I definitely did NOT get any done when I was pregnant - I had pretty bad morning sickness for half of it and the plastic cases that some of my craft goodies were wrapped in used to make me throw up!! Not even joking - I had many a morning where I thought I would brave the scrap room and would come quickly running back out and throw up all over the floor in the hallway (lucky we have tiles), so I just gave up and thought when the morning sickness had subsided I would give it a go. But that was then I was trying to get all the paperwork for my job up to date so I could leave for 6 months. When I got that under control for my last few weeks at work I started to get high blood pressure and I started to retain A LOT of fluid and I couldn't sit up or stand up for long periods of time!! ARGHH!! When I finally gave up work (at 36 weeks - although I think they had my dates wrong and I was actually 38 weeks) - they were so worried at the hospital about my blood pressure that I was at the doctors or hospital almost every day and then a week and a half later they admitted me in hospital and induced me. So all up I only ended up with a week and a half off work before I was in having my baby!! I was hoping for a little more time (like at least 4 weeks) but oh well these things happen. And of course I now have even more photos of my precious boy to scrap!

So its been in the past few weeks that I have scrapbooked for the first time in I don't know how long!! Its nice when Tim will take X for a few hours on the weekend so I can sit at the table and craft (I had to give up my scraproom as it became the nursery). Now I have to scrap as much as I can before I go back to work in January!! I don't want to go back but at least I will get some money to buy new products. ha ha ha

Here are a few layouts that I have been working on!!
Finally a Family - Tim and I had been trying for many years to have a baby and we were actually just about to start fertility treatment (I had been for the first appointment to get all the tests done and was booked in with the fertility doctor) when we found out we had fallen pregnant naturally!!

We call ourselves 'Team Clarke' - even though I am not a Clarke yet - Tim has made me an honorary member!!

My gorgeous baby boy - this is one of our favourite photos taken of him (my dad took it) and Xavier was only 11 hours old - so alert!!

Check out those stats - all 5's and 3's!! It was pretty crazy!! And his head circumference was 33cm!! I think he will just have to be a little bit lucky now!!

My gorgeous boy!! This photo was when he was only a few days old and we think he is just adorable!

I love clusters at the moment (the blue lollipop is from Charm's Creations) - so have been playing around with them a little bit! And it is using my product!!

3 comments:

  1. These are such precious layouts! This is why I love scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lou you are getting really good at this scrapping... I love the so cute one you are working onat the mment. And Xavier is a little cutie and you are so lucky... I think ... that Dad loves to take photos... how many do you have of him now..??? I have thousands... yes thousands... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages Louella!!! Love how you've used my Charms Creations lollipop!!! xoxo Charmane

    ReplyDelete